We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I first started my career with animals studying for a BSc. in Wildlife Management at the University of McGill in Montreal. While attending the University, I was blessed with the opportunity to hand raise three orphaned Timber wolves. Through this experience, I learnt firsthand the origin of many of the common daily traits of our domesticated dogs.
My degree in veterinary medicine was obtained from the University of Guelph in 1984. I married my best friend, Dr. Cathy Buller, and together we established one of the provinces first 24 hour hospitals for pets in Brampton. We were the first to add a spiral CT scanner for pets in the GTA, while developing new and advanced surgical and diagnostic skills.
My love for the profession is really in a multitude of disciplines. I have special interest in diagnostic imaging (Ultrasound), non-invasive diagnostic procedures, plus both soft tissue and reconstructive surgeries. I also enjoy the challenges of orthopedic surgery, and take great comfort in returning a pet’s mobility and quality of life. Through 2005-06, I also wrote and published quarterly articles in the Canadian Veterinary Journal on Diagnostic Imaging. We sold the busy 24 hour practice in September 2006.
Early retirement did not seem like a good option for us since we both missed our interactions with our clients and their pets. After a period of well deserved rest, we returned to public life doing what we enjoy most, with people we respect. My time during this period has also been spent mentoring and helping other veterinarians develop new skills in ultrasound imaging and laser surgery. I am an associate editor on the Veterinary Information Network (VIN .com) where I help answer postings from veterinarians from around the world with respect to their own cases and the ultrasound images associated with them. I also visit practices coast to coast in Canada to teach about ultrasonography
I am also blessed with two wonderful children, who are both the pride of my life. I am active at Church. I have been active in the martial arts, Ju-Jitsu and Tai Chi, and have accomplished Nidan ranking in GoJu.
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect our clients, our staff and work hard to ensure we can continue to provide excellent care for our patients.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. If you have travelled outside Canada or come in contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada in the past 3 weeks, or if you are feeling unwell, (coughing, fever, fatigue, etc.), please contact our clinic. We will be more than happy to reschedule your appointment or help arrange to see your pet safely.
2. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-285-0002. We will take a history by phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet and you will get another call from the Doctor to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
3. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
4. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm & Saturday from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 4-6 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital