We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I came to Westbridge with two years of experience working in other vet clinics in reception and as a veterinary assistant and with customer service and business administration background. I started here as an animal care attendant and quickly realized that my strengths and place at Westbridge lay within client care. I am now one of our four client care receptionists.
I spent some time travelling while working and living in Ireland before realizing I wanted to spend my life working around animals and the people who love them. I grew up in a small-town north of Toronto called Nobleton, and now live in Milton with my boyfriend Drew, my 11-year-old black diabetic kitty Morgan, 2-year-old orange tabby Larry, and 18-month-old chocolate lab Henry. Larry and Henry are very sweet and still young, so they are balls of energy, while Morgan is a laid back and sometimes moody snuggalo. I have had cats as part of my family most of my life, but now have a new love for dogs, and especially labs since we brought home our chocolate boy Henry. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, baking, doing crafts, reading, and finding new trails and adventures to take Henry on.
I am so happy to have finally found a good fit with the Westbridge family here, and I appreciate every day the team that never gets sick of my questions and is constantly teaching me how to better care for my pets.
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect our clients, our staff and work hard to ensure we can continue to provide excellent care for our patients.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. If you have travelled outside Canada or come in contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada in the past 3 weeks, or if you are feeling unwell, (coughing, fever, fatigue, etc.), please contact our clinic. We will be more than happy to reschedule your appointment or help arrange to see your pet safely.
2. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-285-0002. We will take a history by phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet and you will get another call from the Doctor to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
3. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
4. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm & Saturday from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 4-6 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital