We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I have been fortunate enough to explore many of my passions with a colourful work history.
My first job during high school was in a pet store in my home town of Timmins. After college, I worked with a burgeoning Veterinary practice (and wore a multitude of hats except for DVM) for several years. When it was time to change, I had been attending evening sessions in floral design for a fun and the florist that was teaching stated that I had elevated potential in the field. Being creative and loving nature, I easily settled into a partnership with her in a flower shop designing floral tributes for all occasions and activities.
Years later, after returning to school, I worked as an Operating Room Nurse, specializing in transplants and cardiovascular surgeries at Toronto General Hospital. When I decided to explore a new adventure, I moved to the Middle East and worked at the Saudi King’s favored hospital, in charge of the Orthopaedic surgical theatres. I then worked in Health Informatics in the same hospital for a new challenge.
After 23 years abroad, I have returned to Canada and settled in Southern Ontario. I am loving making my heart happy working at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital with a phenomenal array of professionals. The level of care, compassion and commitment is second to none.
One of our creatures at home is Daisy, the automatic doorbell. Her muscle man Rocky comes in as reinforcement when required and Neuticus the bearded dragon who silently surveys his domain.
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect our clients, our staff and work hard to ensure we can continue to provide excellent care for our patients.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. If you have travelled outside Canada or come in contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada in the past 3 weeks, or if you are feeling unwell, (coughing, fever, fatigue, etc.), please contact our clinic. We will be more than happy to reschedule your appointment or help arrange to see your pet safely.
2. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-285-0002. We will take a history by phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet and you will get another call from the Doctor to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
3. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
4. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm & Saturday from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 4-6 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital