We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Although cats can differ breed to breed, your cat’s healthy weight should always be assessed at each Vet visit. Large pendulous folds under the belly are a sure-fire way to know that your cat is overweight.
How can I help my cat lose weight?
A good, healthy diet is a great start. Also, measuring out what your cat eats can make a big difference. And just like with us, activity and lifestyle do play a significant role in the success of your cat’s weight loss.
What is offered during a nutritional consultation?
At a nutritional consultation, we will weigh your cat as well as take other measurements to determine what his/her ideal weight should be. We will then work with you to create a plan that includes a nutritional diet meant to help your cat lose weight, portion control advice, and give you tips and tricks to encourage your cat to be more active and get the exercise they require for a healthy weight loss. We will schedule recheck appointments to have you bring in your cat to be reweighed. We can then monitor progress, adjust feeding protocols, and help you along the way with any questions and/or concerns that may arise.
Body Condition Score
Where does your pet fit? The Body Condition Scores help to determine whether your pet is overweight. Veterinarians have been recently provided with new and effective methods of weight reduction for dogs. Please feel free to call us and inquire about this new option in giving back their mobility and conditioning.
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect our clients, our staff and work hard to ensure we can continue to provide excellent care for our patients.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. If you have travelled outside Canada or come in contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada in the past 3 weeks, or if you are feeling unwell, (coughing, fever, fatigue, etc.), please contact our clinic. We will be more than happy to reschedule your appointment or help arrange to see your pet safely.
2. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-285-0002. We will take a history by phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet and you will get another call from the Doctor to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
3. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
4. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm & Saturday from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 4-6 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital