Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
Concerns Regarding Flea/Tick Medication Side-Effects, Harmful Grain-Free Diets and Cannabis Use in Pets
February 26, 2020
We like to update our valued clients if we have received questions or concerns raised from topics circulating in public media. We have tried to provide further information with links provided below on three topics that are important to all of us as pet owners.
1. Concerns raised around side effects of flea and tick medications. A US FDA statement was put out that requested manufacturers of certain products put more information about side effects in their inserts. Below are links provided by the company, and the statement by the FDA
2. Certain pet food are manufactured based on client requests and marketing rather than what is necessarily a complete food for your pet. Below is a link to an article that shows some grain free diets may be harmful.
3. While Marijuana is legal for people in Canada, there have been some concerns in our pets. It is important to know that currently veterinarians are not legally allowed to dispense Cannabis products in Canada, and there are no CBD products approved for use in pets.
With recent changes to restrictions on businesses, we are pleased to advise that effective May 19, 2020 some restrictions on veterinary practices have been lifted. Based on these changes, below are some important updates to our operating policies.
1. WE CAN NOW SEE ALL CASES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
This includes vaccines, wellness exams, blood work, heartworm testing, spays and neuters, dental services, and more!
2. SAFETY MEASURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
Continue our "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain outside the hospital and use your cell phone to call us. We will take a history of your pet's health and discuss any concerns. A staff member will then meet you outside to bring your pet into the hospital for an examination. The Veterinarian will call you to discuss the recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a staff member will return your pet to you outside, and take care of any needed medications and payment.
Continue the use of credit and debit cards as the preferred payment method.
Continue with curbside pickup of food and medication (unless you have used our online store and are having your order delivered directly to your home). To place an order through our online store, visit our website and click on "Online Store".
3. OPERATING HOURS
We are OPEN with the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
#. NEW PET OWNERS
Have you welcomed a new furry family member to your home? We’d love to meet them! Visit our Must Know New Pet Owner Information page for useful resources and helpful recommendations for new pet owners.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing you and your furry family members again!
Your dedicated team at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital