We like to update our valued clients if we have received questions or concerns raised from topics circulating in public media. We have tried to provide further information with links provided below on three topics that are important to all of us as pet owners.
1. Concerns raised around side effects of flea and tick medications. A US FDA statement was put out that requested manufacturers of certain products put more information about side effects in their inserts. Below are links provided by the company, and the statement by the FDA
- Merck Animal Health | Bravecto
- US FDA Statement: Fact Sheet for Pet Owners and Veterinarians about Potential Adverse Events Associated with Isoxazoline Flea and Tick Products
2. Certain pet food are manufactured based on client requests and marketing rather than what is necessarily a complete food for your pet. Below is a link to an article that shows some grain free diets may be harmful.
3. While Marijuana is legal for people in Canada, there have been some concerns in our pets. It is important to know that currently veterinarians are not legally allowed to dispense Cannabis products in Canada, and there are no CBD products approved for use in pets.