We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Our staff and veterinarians offer to provide tours of the clinic. We have toured Brownies, Sparks and Scouts, other veterinarians and members of the Mississauga and surrounding community.
We also do visit schools in the Brampton and Mississauga, and discuss Bite Prevention Programs.
Yearly Open House
Our yearly Open House event is filled with fun activities, educational stations, live demonstrations and hands-on exercises. There is something for every family member, including our four legged ones.
Dr. Rosamund is seen greeting a guest to our open house.
Dr.Buller is doing a demonstration of a full physical examination our mystery case of the exhibit.
This year at our Open House, we helped raise money for the FARLEY Foundation. This fund assists families on Social Assistance who are in need of veterinary services for their pets. We also raised money for the Lion’s Club Guide Dog Foundation, and enjoyed a marvelous agility demonstrations from Campaign Obedience located in Georgetown.
Each room within the hospital was set up with demonstrations, and someone to answer questions on specific topics. Here, Dr Hylands explains to visitors the use of ultrasound in the work up of our mystery case. All in all it was a colourful and enjoyable day.
Some of our staff members and aspiring friends after walking a for worthy cause helping the Mississauga Humane Society (fall 2009).
Our doctors and staff volunteering their time and energy to be involved with the Region of Peel’s water management safety issues in one of our local leash free dog parks (summer 09).
We are all aware of the concerns and rapidly changing situation with COVID-19. Due to the close public contact that our work requires, we have taken necessary measures to protect our clients, our staff and work hard to ensure we can continue to provide excellent care for our patients.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. If you have travelled outside Canada or come in contact with anyone who has travelled outside Canada in the past 3 weeks, or if you are feeling unwell, (coughing, fever, fatigue, etc.), please contact our clinic. We will be more than happy to reschedule your appointment or help arrange to see your pet safely.
2. We are currently operating a "closed-door" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-285-0002. We will take a history by phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet and you will get another call from the Doctor to discuss our recommended treatment plan.
3. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
4. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm & Saturday from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
5. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 4-6 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle.
6. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Westbridge Veterinary Hospital